Consolidation & Virtualisation
In today’s competitive business world, IT managers are under increased pressure to maximize resources, reduce operational costs and ensure that all IT hardware complies with EU legislation relating to waste and the environment (W.E.E.E).
Multi-server IT infrastructures incur high energy bills and are costly to maintain in terms of time and resource. As your business grows, additional servers need to be purchased and provisioned to provide extra capacity. This “ad hoc” growth results in server sprawl because individual machines are not operating at full capacity.
What is virtualisation?
Virtualisation is a term that refers to the consolidation of your IT infrastructure by cutting down on the number of physical machines required to run your IT network.
Virtualisation is achieved by adding an operating system, often referred to as a “hypervisor” to a base machine. This machine then acts as a host onto which multiple operating systems and applications can be installed. Approximately 10 – 15 virtual servers can be installed onto a single host machine.
Virtualising your IT infrastructure will:
Save you money - hardware and operating costs are reduced by as much as 50% and energy costs by 80%, - resulting in significant savings for every server workload virtualised
- Enhance your security – all systems and applications are centralised on a single machine that incorporates full business continuity and disaster recovery facilities
- Increase your efficiency - the time needed to provision new servers is reduced by 70%
- Decrease downtime and improve reliability because there is less hardware to maintain
- Become more flexible - by providing your users with different IT services and technologies on-demand that are independent of hardware, OS, application or infrastructure providers
- Maximise resource - 10 – 15 virtual servers can be installed on a single physical machine
- Become greener in the way you operate by reducing your overall power consumption
How we can help
We offer help and advice on implementing a virtualised IT network. We can provision virtualised servers that are installed at your premises, or we can provide you with complete hosted virtualised network that includes hosted email, desktop, server and storage capabilities.
We can help you virtualise some or your entire IT network, depending on your individual requirements. We can also help you with the disposal of redundant hardware that complies with W.E.E.E (waste, electrical and electronic equipment) legislation, and we can advise on recycling, if this is relevant.
All virtualised servers are maintained and supported by our experienced customer service team. We use proactive monitoring tools to identify technical issues before they cause you problems, allowing you to concentrate on running your business.
Our hosted virtual solutions are housed in secure premises in the UK and comply with EU legislation to Tier 1 status, giving you the peace of mind that your company/ customer data is being managed and stored in accordance with the latest data security standards.
Our professional services team can help you assess your IT environment so that you can fully benefit from virtualising and consolidating your IT infrastructure.
To find out more, call us on +44 (0) 1223 499150 or complete the contact form.